Educational Debt Relief Tools and Resources
We have compiled some tools and resources to help you start navigating your way through relief programs that can ease the burden of educational debt.
Some basic information to help you get started:
- Equal Justice Works CCRAA Overview
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness Checklist
- Eligible Loans Summary
- Qualifying Employment Summary
- Qualifying Payments Summary
Calculate what works based on individual circumstances:
Here are some external resources that may help:
- U.S. Department of Education Public Service Loan Forgiveness information page and FAQs
- U.S. Department of Education Income-Based Repayment information page and FAQs
- The College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 and Final Regulations
- Philip G. Schrag, Federal Student Loan Repayment Assistance for Public Interest Lawyers and Other Employees of Governments and Nonprofit Organizations, 36 HOFSTRA LAW REVIEW 27, 43 (2007).
- Philip G. Schrag and Charles Pruett, Coordinating Law School Loan Repayment Assistance Programs with New Federal Loan Repayment and Forgiveness Legislation, Journal of Legal Education, May 2011.