Join us as we bring together more than 1,200 students, 180 employers, and 120 law school faculty, staff and practitioners in the public interest field at the Equal Justice Works annual Conference and Career Fair! Registration for law school professionals opens on August 13, 2018 and is free for all member schools.
- Why should you attend?
- Information on Student & Recent Graduate Registration
- Event Timeline & Key Dates
- Registered Employers to Date
- Tentative Schedule
- Travel & Accommodations
- Registration is free!
- Law school professionals are welcome to speak with available employers throughout the event. Last year, 44 of the 170 employers did not participate in prescheduled interviews meaning they were available all day on Friday and Saturday on a first come, first serve basis and all employers participate in two-hour mandatory Table Talk on each day.
- Attend the employer and law school professional "networking break" sponsored by NALP on Friday evening and have a chance to talk informally with employers from across the country.
- Attend conference sessions and panels on hot topics in public interest law! Last year's program included sessions led by Justice Kagan and Ralph Nader and panels focused on racial justice issues, legal incubators, and more.
- Volunteer to assist students with resume review and mock interviews and share your expertise with students from across the country as they head into interviews!
- Registration fee: $25 per student/recent graduate, nonrefundable. If your school intends to pay for students to attend, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org so we can set up specialized registration instructions.
- Students and recent graduates must register to interview, participate in table talk, or attend conference sessions at the Conference & Career Fair. Registration is open through the day of the event, but applications for prescheduled interviews must be submitted by September 14 at midnight. More information on student and recent graduate registration can be found here.
- Note: Due to NALP guidelines, 1L students are not eligible to interview with employers during the Equal Justice Works Career Fair. However, 1L students may informally talk to employers during Table Talk on Friday and Saturday.
In our database you can monitor job postings, student registrations, applications, etc. once registration opens on August 13, 2018. If you'd information on your school's past participation, please email email@example.com.
· Monday, May 7 - Friday, August 3: Early bird employer registration and job posting
· Saturday, August 4 - Friday, September 7: Standard employer registration and job posting. Employers interested in participating in prescheduled interviews must post their positions by September 7.
· Monday, August 13 - Day of the Event: Law school professional registration opens. There is no limit on the number of professionals that may register from a school. All professionals must register individually.
· Monday, August 13 - Friday, September 14 at midnight ET: Student and recent graduate registration and application for prescheduled interviews, workshops and Table Talk. Students must apply for any prescheduled interviews by September 14 at midnight ET.
· Saturday, September 14 - Day of the Event: Student and recent graduate registration for workshops and Table Talk remains open but prescheduled interview application period now closed.
· Monday, September 17 - Friday, September 28th at midnight ET: Employer application review and interview selection. Employers will be sent their application packets during this time and must submit their selections and alternates list by September 28 at midnight.
· Saturday, September 29 - Monday, October 8 at midnight ET: All students will have been notified of their acceptances for prescheduled interviews unless otherwise contacted and will be able to sign up for specific interview times. Interview slots must be selected by October 8 at midnight ET.
· Saturday, October 26 & Friday, October 27: Conference and Career Fair