Information for Law Students and Graduates
Would you like to connect with public interest employers from all across the country and meet fellow, public interest-minded students, graduates and practitioners in the field? Then the Equal Justice Works annual Conference and Career Fair is the event for you.
With more than 150 public interest employers, 1,200 public interest law students and workshops to help you start down the path to your public interest career, you won’t want to miss it.
2015 CONFERENCE AND CAREER FAIR
At the Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair, there are opportunities for both pre-scheduled interviews and networking with employers through table talk. You can also have your résumé reviewed by trained professionals, take part in inspiring conference workshop sessions focused on issues you care about, and network with like-minded students, graduates, law school professionals, and practitioners.
- More than 160 employers registered!
- KEYNOTE - Advancing Justice: A Conversation with Three Judges
- Event schedule
- Workshop and panel descriptions
Friday, October 23 and Saturday, October 24
Crystal Gateway Marriott
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, VA 22202
- May 18 - September 3: Employer registration and job posting
- August 11 - September 14: Student and recent graduate registration and application
- September 15 - October 9: Student and recent graduate registration (interview application period closed;
registration for table talk and workshops only)
- September 17 - October 1: Employer application review and interview selection
- October 7: Last day for accepted students and recent graduates to sign up for an interview time
- October 9: Last day for students and recent graduates to cancel registration and request a refund
- October 23 & 24: Conference and Career Fair
|STUDENT & GRADUATE LOGIN|
The pre-registration period is now closed. Students and recent graduates are welcome to register on-site to meet with employers and attend conference sessions.
To login as a guest and view employers: log in using username EJWguest and password guest. Click Employer Directory in the top menu bar to view all registered employers and click Job Search under Jobs & Internships to view a list of positions.
Note: Due to NALP guidelines, 1L students are not eligible to interview with employers during the Equal Justice Works Career Fair. However, 1L students may informally talk to employers during Table Talk on Friday and Saturday.
View the recording of our September 2 webinar Job Search and Application Tips to Land the Interview.
View the recording of our October 8 webinar Interviewing and Networking Tips to Land the Job.
View page six of our user guide for instructions on printing your interview schedule.
Even if you do not get the interview you were hoping for, there will be several opportunities to speak to employers outside of the formal interview times. Both Friday and Saturday will feature Table Talk, an open period of time where employers will be available to speak to students on a first-come, first-served basis. We have heard from many of our employers and students that interviews and offers have been secured from meetings during table talk.
You are encouraged to identify the employers you would like to speak to before Table Talk begins. Keep in mind that many employers may have long lines of students waiting to speak to them. Plan ahead and strategize to maximize your time with all employers.
Do not use this time to conduct an extensive interview. You should have a quick, 30 second introduction and “selling point” about yourself. Most employers want to meet as many students as possible during this time, so be courteous to your fellow students and keep your face time as short as possible.
If you have questions about the career fair, please contact email@example.com. This email is checked daily and all inquires will be addressed.
- Law School
- AmeriCorps JD
- Conference and Career Fair
- Engaging Law Students Across the Country
- Law School Pro Bono
- Student Debt Relief
- Apply to National Advisory Committee
- Equal Justice Works Law School Membership