I am Ready to Apply to Summer Corps
Summer Corps provides a life changing experience for its members. The program allows law students an opportunity for hands-on experience and a chance to make a difference in communities that need help the most.
MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
- Summer Corps Success Stories
- I am Ready to Apply to Summer Corps
- Eligibility and Criteria
- FAQs for Law School Professionals
- FAQs for Applicants
- FAQs for Supervisors and Host Sites
- Information for Supervisors and Host Organizations
- Information for Current Summer Corps Members
- Resources for 2013 Summer Corps Priority Areas
The application for 2013 Summer Corps will open on December 18, 2012 and close on April 10, 2013. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We strongly encourage you to apply early.
There are two steps you must take before completing an application:
- Make sure you are eligible to apply. Please see our member eligibility and criteria page for more information.
- Secure a position with a qualifying organization. To apply for Summer Corps you must first obtain a placement at a qualifying nonprofit organization. Equal Justice Works will not find a placement for you. You must know the name of your direct Supervisor at the organization, who must be an attorney, in order to complete the application.
START THE APPLICATION
- Create an account in the Summer Corps Application Manager (SAM). A message will be sent to your email account with login information and application instructions. Be sure to check the email account you used to register in SAM.
- If you do not receive a message from email@example.com, check your spam filters. Please also add firstname.lastname@example.org to your safe sender list.
- Return to SAM to complete the application and submit the proper documentation. You will be able to modify your application until 11:59 p.m. PDT on Monday, April 10, 2013.
Only complete applications, including the proper documentation, will be considered for the selection process. Equal Justice Works will use the information in your application to consider you for Summer Corps funding and, if selected, register you with the Corporation for National and Community Services. All information will be kept confidential and secure.
Once you have a position secured with your host organization, it should take you approximately one hour to complete the application. A completed application consists of the following:
- Member Profile
- Demographic “AmeriCorps Information”
- Project and Host Site information
- Signed Contract
- Signed criminal background check release form
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Resident status
- Applicant snapshot (optional)