2014 Conference and Career Fair Recap - Bryan Stevenson’s Keynote Address, “Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption"
Thank you to this year’s phenomenal Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair keynote speaker, Bryan Stevenson, who delivered a address on the criminal justice system in the United States. Stevenson is the Founder and Executive Director of the Equal Justice Initiative and currently a professor at New York University Law School. He shared with aspiring public interest lawyers his personal experiences that shaped how he used the law to address social injustices throughout his career. The event was part of Stevenson’s Just Mercy: A Story of Justice and Redemption book tour, which kicked off on Tuesday, October, 21, 2014. Click here to purchase his newly-released book.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Marketing and Communications Manager
Recent blog posts
- Statement from our Executive Director, David Stern
- "Through justice AmeriCorps we will get things done."
- "It is success stories like this that make me proud to be a public interest lawyer."
- "It is a great feeling to wake up every morning excited to go to work."
- "My mission is to help people overcome the barriers to employment created by their criminal records."
- "I have gained insight into the need for a more holistic approach to the needs of veterans and their families."
- "I wanted to use my abilities as an attorney to help make my new home better."
- "I am learning my job, as well as lots of new names and friendly faces."
- "My experience with the tenants is what fuels my project and keeps it so close to my heart."
- "I wanted to give a voice to people whose voices usually go unheard."