The Conference and Career Fair is Around the Corner!
As the month of June comes to an end, we are closing out our blog series for recent graduates and law school students.
As your summer really gets going, take some time to review the advice about job hunting, planning your career, and paying off your student debt that we’ve shared over the last few weeks, and consider registering for the Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair in the fall. Registration for students opens August 15.
The Conference and Career Fair (CCF) - being held October 26 and 27 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott - is a unique opportunity for law school students to meet with employers from nonprofit and public interest organizations, government agencies, and public defender offices. The event is also a time to network with fellow students also interested in public service and to learn more about starting a public interest career.
This year we have an exciting lineup of workshops that covers everything from social media strategy for public interest law professionals and how to write a federal resume to Teach for America and public service career information sessions. There will be workshops on opportunities with the Department of Justice and other Federal Government agencies, non-traditional legal service careers, and how to manage educational debt. We are also very excited that Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will be our Keynote Speaker in a conversation led by Judge David Tatel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
Continue to visit our website for updates on this year’s event, including additional blogs and webinars on job search and career tips. Check out some photos from last year’s event, and contact us if you have any questions!Back to
For media inquiries, please contact:
Interim Director of Communications
Recent blog posts
- 2016 Equal Justice Works Public Interest Award Winners!
- Equal Justice Works Welcomes Sara Morello as Executive Vice President
- Success Story: VISTA Affordable Housing Preservation Project
- Student Debt Basics: Income-Driven Repayment Plans
- "I chose to join AmeriCorps...because I wanted to challenge myself to do something meaningful and purposeful."
- How has @AmeriCorps changed my life? Anna Cupito shares her story.
- The Truth About Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation and Discharge
- Now Accepting Applications for the 2016 Equal Justice Works Public Interest Awards
- David Stern Advocates for Public Service Loan Forgiveness in Response to New York Times Editorial
- Rosenwald: Coming Soon to a Theatre Near You