The Conference and Career Fair is Around the Corner!
As the month of June comes to an end, we are closing out our blog series for recent graduates and law school students.
As your summer really gets going, take some time to review the advice about job hunting, planning your career, and paying off your student debt that we’ve shared over the last few weeks, and consider registering for the Equal Justice Works Conference and Career Fair in the fall. Registration for students opens August 15.
The Conference and Career Fair (CCF) - being held October 26 and 27 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott - is a unique opportunity for law school students to meet with employers from nonprofit and public interest organizations, government agencies, and public defender offices. The event is also a time to network with fellow students also interested in public service and to learn more about starting a public interest career.
This year we have an exciting lineup of workshops that covers everything from social media strategy for public interest law professionals and how to write a federal resume to Teach for America and public service career information sessions. There will be workshops on opportunities with the Department of Justice and other Federal Government agencies, non-traditional legal service careers, and how to manage educational debt. We are also very excited that Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor will be our Keynote Speaker in a conversation led by Judge David Tatel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.
Continue to visit our website for updates on this year’s event, including additional blogs and webinars on job search and career tips. Check out some photos from last year’s event, and contact us if you have any questions!Back to
Recent blog posts
- Season4Giving, Part 1: Helping Lawyers Help Veterans
- Guest post: Why Should Lawyers Serve Veterans?
- Alumna Coco Culhane Continues to Help Underserved Veterans in New York City
- Study: Student Debt Increasing for Four-Year Graduates
- Equal Justice Works 2013 Conference and Career Fair Recap
- Veterans Serving Veterans: Veterans Legal Corps Fellow Daniel Triplett serves homeless and at-risk Veterans in Santa Ana, CA
- New Gainful Employment Rules May Affect College Programs
- Draft Law School Reforms Could Have Broader Implications
- Know Repayment Options to Work with Student Loan Servicers
- David Stern: The Avoidable Sticker Shock of Student Loan Repayment