Examine the Scope of Student Loan Borrower Distress
First, some background on the three-year rates. Congress included a provision in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 mandating the move to a three-year rate to get a more accurate picture of how many borrowers ultimately default on their federal student loans.
Recent blog posts
- Friday Fellow: 2012 Equal Justice Works Fellow Sara Cullinane – Working on Behalf of New York City Immigrants
- Season4Giving, Part 1: Helping Lawyers Help Veterans
- Guest post: Why Should Lawyers Serve Veterans?
- Alumna Coco Culhane Continues to Help Underserved Veterans in New York City
- Study: Student Debt Increasing for Four-Year Graduates
- Equal Justice Works 2013 Conference and Career Fair Recap
- Veterans Serving Veterans: Veterans Legal Corps Fellow Daniel Triplett serves homeless and at-risk Veterans in Santa Ana, CA
- New Gainful Employment Rules May Affect College Programs
- Draft Law School Reforms Could Have Broader Implications
- Know Repayment Options to Work with Student Loan Servicers