Examine the Scope of Student Loan Borrower Distress
First, some background on the three-year rates. Congress included a provision in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 mandating the move to a three-year rate to get a more accurate picture of how many borrowers ultimately default on their federal student loans.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Director of Marketing and Communications
Recent blog posts
- Equal Justice Works Welcomes Kristen Uhler-McKeown and Sarah Lackritz to Senior Leadership Team
- Statement from our Executive Director, David Stern
- "Through justice AmeriCorps we will get things done."
- "It is success stories like this that make me proud to be a public interest lawyer."
- "It is a great feeling to wake up every morning excited to go to work."
- "My mission is to help people overcome the barriers to employment created by their criminal records."
- "I have gained insight into the need for a more holistic approach to the needs of veterans and their families."
- "I wanted to use my abilities as an attorney to help make my new home better."
- "I am learning my job, as well as lots of new names and friendly faces."
- "My experience with the tenants is what fuels my project and keeps it so close to my heart."