Examine the Scope of Student Loan Borrower Distress
First, some background on the three-year rates. Congress included a provision in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 mandating the move to a three-year rate to get a more accurate picture of how many borrowers ultimately default on their federal student loans.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Interim Director of Communications
Recent blog posts
- My experiences assisting veterans with PTSD and other mental health conditions
- 2016 Equal Justice Works Public Interest Award Winners!
- Equal Justice Works Welcomes Sara Morello as Executive Vice President
- Success Story: VISTA Affordable Housing Preservation Project
- Student Debt Basics: Income-Driven Repayment Plans
- "I chose to join AmeriCorps...because I wanted to challenge myself to do something meaningful and purposeful."
- How has @AmeriCorps changed my life? Anna Cupito shares her story.
- The Truth About Loan Forgiveness, Cancellation and Discharge
- Now Accepting Applications for the 2016 Equal Justice Works Public Interest Awards
- David Stern Advocates for Public Service Loan Forgiveness in Response to New York Times Editorial