Examine the Scope of Student Loan Borrower Distress
First, some background on the three-year rates. Congress included a provision in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 mandating the move to a three-year rate to get a more accurate picture of how many borrowers ultimately default on their federal student loans.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Recent blog posts
- Army Veteran and 2014 Fellow Tiffany Kelley Launches Major Initiative at the National Veterans Legal Services Program
- Alumna Kathryn Smolinski (’11) Leads Legal Advocacy Effort for Low-Income Cancer Patients in Detroit Area
- Gonzalo Serrano (’14) Returns to the Metroplex and Puts His Passion to Work
- Marina Pantchenko (’13) Represents Medi-Cal Applicants in Lawsuit Against State of CA
- 2012 Equal Justice Works Fellow Ashley Grant Contributes to Report Highlighting Unique Needs of Over-age Middle Schoolers
- 2013 Equal Justice Works Fellow Michaela Wallin Helps Strike Law Targeting Domestic Violence Victims
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Justice Sonia Sotomayor on Practicing Service with the Law
- Join a Community of Public Interest Lawyers Across the Nation!
- Gabriella Barbosa (’13) Advocates for English Learners in Los Angeles
- Corey Prachniak (’13) Advocates for Equal Access to Healthcare for the LGBT Community