Examine the Scope of Student Loan Borrower Distress
First, some background on the three-year rates. Congress included a provision in the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 mandating the move to a three-year rate to get a more accurate picture of how many borrowers ultimately default on their federal student loans.
For media inquiries, please contact:
Recent blog posts
- 2012 Equal Justice Works Fellow Ashley Grant Contributes to Report Highlighting Unique Needs of Over-age Middle Schoolers
- 2013 Equal Justice Works Fellow Michaela Wallin Helps Strike Law Targeting Domestic Violence Victims
- Hispanic Heritage Month: Justice Sonia Sotomayor on Practicing Service with the Law
- Join a Community of Public Interest Lawyers Across the Nation!
- Gabriella Barbosa (’13) Advocates for English Learners in Los Angeles
- Corey Prachniak (’13) Advocates for Equal Access to Healthcare for the LGBT Community
- AmeriCorps Celebrates 20th Anniversary: A Tribute to our AmeriCorps Legal Fellows Providing Disaster Relief
- AmeriCorps Legal Fellow Rebecca Miller (‘13) Serves Nation’s Low-Income Veterans and their Families
- Laura Huizar (’12) Protects Job Seekers From Employment Agency Abuse in New York City
- Doug Smith (’13) Helps Low-Income Residents and Entrepreneurs Access Opportunities in a Changing Urban Landscape