Pioneer use of federal civil rights laws for transgender and gender nonconforming youth through litigation and policy advocacy in schools, families, health care, and juvenile facilities at NCLR in CA.
Alexander is the right person for the project because:
• He has impact litigation experience from two clerkships and working at the ACLU
• He has extensive connections with national and state LGBT legal organizations and practitioners
• He has published and spoken on trans issues
• He has a personal connection to the trans community
In the first six months, Alexander will:
• Identify and begin litigating test cases involving trans and GNC youth implicating health access, disability, disciplinary, and juvenile justice/foster care issues
• Begin developing model form filings and expert materials to facilitate further impact and direct litigation in these areas
• Conduct community interviews with trans and GNC youth and their parents to identify areas of need
• Begin developing materials for a legal resource guide for trans and GNC youth and their families
Only admitted to practice in New York. Not licensed to practice in California.