Provide immigration legal services to unaccompanied noncitizen youth by creating a medical-legal partnership between KIND’s Boston Office and Cambridge Health Alliance (CHA) in Massachusetts.
Stephanie is the right person for the project because:
• She has experience working with youth and social services organizations given her past experience as a case manager for families struggling with homelessness and as a fellow for an organization supporting youth who are court involved, homeless, or at risk of dropping out of school
• She is personally connected to the plight of immigrant youth arriving to the United States after being raised in Honduras
In the first six months, Stephanie will:
• Meet with CHA to review the patient social history assessment or other methods for screening for immigration needs in order to start creating a functioning two way referral system
• Conduct presentations to providers at CHA, health clinics, and schools in order to spread important immigration information and spread awareness of the project
• Begin direct representation with clients