Equip local residents and community groups in West Dallas with legal tools and strategies to advocate for equitable development in order to enhance social and economic opportunity.
Stephanie is the right person for the project because:
• She is passionate about community empowerment and equitable development advocacy and has dedicated her legal studies and practice to the field of community economic development
• She has hands-on experience representing organizational clients and community groups through various law school clinics and internships
In the first six months, Stephanie will:
• Work with client groups to identify community-wide advocacy priorities and begin conducting legal education and training workshops
• Develop strategic partnerships with other legal advocates and service providers in the region
• Research local and state land use laws and regulations and begin engaging legal instruments to achieve advocacy goals