Advocate for refugee children in jurisdictions with high asylum denial rates, such as Atlanta and Charlotte, through direct representation, trauma-informed pro bono training and national policy work.
Anne is the right person for the project because:
• She has experience representing asylum seekers in front of the BIA and the courts of appeals as a student attorney and student director in the Federal Immigration Litigation Clinic
• She interned with the Center for Gender & Refugee Studies as a law student and worked in immigration policy for two years prior to law school
In the first six months, Anne will:
• Begin monitoring cases in jurisdictions with high denial rates and select cases for direct representation and impact involvement
• Develop a pro bono training program and begin outreach to identify interested attorneys in the selected jurisdictions
• Participate in policy meetings hosted by the Department of Justice and identify other opportunities for policy engagement