Advocating for parents and students to ensure that special education identification, evaluation, placement and service provision is not influenced by a student’s race.
Brittany is the right person for the project because:
• She spent both summer legal clerkships in south Texas at nonprofits that advocate for both structural and individual educational equity
• She belives that it is essential that we ensure that students, regardless of their race, are appropriately identified and given adequate services to keep them out of the juvenile justice system and become active community members
In the first six months, Brittany will:
• Create training curriculum based on input from community partners
• Support project aligned cases and transition to representation of at least 15 families
• Collect and analyze avaliable data on racial disproportionality for San Antonio school districts