Improve the lives of low-income elderly, disabled, and chronically ill tenants living in East Harlem public housing by fighting for their right to live in safe and habitable apartments.
Christopher is the right person for the project because he is:
• Dedicated to improving the welfare of New York’s most disadvantaged tenants
• Passionate about fighting to protect all individuals’ right to live well in their home
• And he has spent his law school career buiding the skills to navigate New York housing court.
In the first six months, Christopher will:
• Represent public housing tenants in Supreme Court, housing court, and administrative proceedings
• Coordinate with community organizations and tenant associations to affirmative class and group litigation
• And develop a pro bono clinic where pro bono attorneys will assist tenants in filing housing preservation actions for critically needed repairs.