Darlene will advocate and litigate on behalf of students with disabilities ages 14 and older in the Philadelphia School District and surrounding counties regarding appropriate secondary transition services and the Work Experience for High School Students with Disabilities Act.
Darlene is the right person for the project because:
• She has personal experience living with a disability
• She has worked in the Philadelphia School District with high school students with disabilities
• She has an in depth understanding of disability law
In the first six months, Darlene will:
• Collaborate with partner organizations to begin to identify potential clients and begin meeting with potential clients
• Develop training materials to inform parents and students of their rights related to transition services
• Review the Data published by the Office of Vocational Rehabilitation to determine if it is complying with the requirements of the Work Experience for High School Students with Disabilities Act.