To help transform economically challenged communities in Westchester County, New York through a comprehensive transactional legal service model that will build the capacity of local nonprofits.
Gregory is the right person for the project because:
• He has personal experience serving on the board of a national non-profit organization.
• He developed skills in dealing with non-profit issues through internship at Pro Bono Partnership.
• He has personal experience working on projects to help the non-profit community.
• He has commitment himself to increase equitable community development through non-profits and social enterprise.
In the first six months, Gregory will:
• Develop outreach materials targeted to the legal needs of small community-based nonprofits and begin distributing those materials
• Conduct initial outreach meetings to larger umbrella nonprofits and local community leaders to introduce the Project
• Develop educational programs on legal needs of small community-based nonprofits
• Develop an all-day training program in collaboration with other providers on legal and non-legal issues affecting small community-based nonprofits
• Begin screening new client organizations