Establish a medical-legal partnership with a city-owned hospital using the expertise of medical and legal professionals to address health problems rooted in socioeconomic disparities of patients.
Rachel is the right person for the project because:
• She has a passion for health law and public interest work, and is receiving a concentration in health law and bioethics.
• Works in a medical-legal partnership in an underserved area of Minneapolis, which allows her to understand the model and learn from those experiences.
In the first six months, Rachel will:
• Work as part of the healthcare team to address legal issues with the goal of improving health outcomes for patients.
• Educate and train both healthcare providers and patients on the importance of holistic healthcare that includes legal services.
• Build on MMLA’s network to provide legal representation.