Advocate for women in California prisons by providing gender-appropriate parole representation and promoting policy change that recognizes experiences of gendered trauma and abuse.
Lilliana is the right person for the project because:
• Lilliana worked with survivors of sexual harassment, sexual assault, and domestic violence both during college and in her work before law school
• Lilliana has worked with UnCommon Law for almost three years, and successfully represented a man gain his freedom through the parole process after thirteen years of incarceration
In the first six months, Lilliana will:
• Begin outreach and select clients for whom gendered trauma impacted the life crime at the Central California Women’s Facility in Chowchilla, CA
• Contact legislative and community partners with whom to collaborate on legislative and regulatory advocacy to alter the manner in which the California Board of Parole Hearings considers gendered trauma
• Meet with California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation to discuss training on gendered trauma for the California Board of Parole Hearings