Provide advocacy and representation to ensure that people with disabilities have access to integrated and respectful health care in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws.
Jessica is the right person for the project because:
• Through Jessica’s work as the ADA Transportation Advocacy fellow working on the enforcement phase of the transportation access class-action lawsuit Daniels-Finegold et. al. v. MBTA, she has collaborated with numerous community organizations in order to gather feedback and resolve access issues.
In the first six months, Jessica will:
• Attend relevant legal trainings
• Contact advocates and community organizations such as independent living centers to ensure collaboration and project awareness
• Work with Volunteer Lawyers Project (VLP) to develop intake protocol (VLP operates a free legal hotline to assist low-income Massachusetts residents through information, advice, and referrals to legal and social service agencies)
• Provide direct representation to 10-15 individuals.