Strategically advocate to end money bail in California by providing consumer justice legal services to clients on bail-related matters, engaging the grassroots community, and advising policy makers.
Danica is the right person for the project because:
• Her family has been personally impacted by crime and the criminal justice system.
• She has been working to help end mass incarceration through art, activism and advocacy since 2010.
• She is dedicated to supporting grassroots involvement in criminal justice reform and ensuring systems-impacted communities are driving policy changes.
In the first six months, Danica will:
• Create the first bail-consumer legal services clinic.
• Conduct Know Your Rights trainings on rights in the bail process in Bay Area communities.
• Work with policymakers on California bail reform efforts.