Develop replicable strategies to dismantle the Sexual Abuse to Prison Pipeline through policy advocacy, direct representation and engagement of girls in DC trapped in a cycle of victimization.
Rebecca is the right person for the project because:
• She has a nuanced understanding of the needs of girls impacted by sexual abuse, poverty, and justice involvement based on her experiences as a teacher, sexual assault counselor, and direct legal services provider.
• She has mentored and provided legal advocacy for delinquent youth and girls in the foster care system.
In the first six months, Rebecca will:
• Build partnerships with local stakeholders and organizations serving sexually abused girls and convene a local working group.
• Compile a list of best practices for working with girls involved in the juvenile justice system who are impacted by sexual abuse.
• Engage with Pipeline-involved girls, including through workshops, advocacy, collaboration with other attorneys, and direct representation