Provide legal representation to Central American refugee families, and develop policy advocacy, primers, and impact litigation strategies to address common procedural complications in their cases.
Liz is the right person for the project because:
• As a co-founder of ASAP, Liz has dedicated the past two years to developing strategies for improving representation and access to critical legal information for refugee families.
• Liz has provided legal assistance to more than 100 refugees in three detention centers and 22 states.
• Liz is committed to zealous advocacy and passionate about defending refugee families from wrongful deportations.
In the first six months, Liz will:
• Take on a series of procedurally challenging cases for refugee families, involving issues such as a lack of notice, the conflation of immigration court and ICE, and/or missed one-year filing deadlines.
• Begin to explore impact litigation strategies to address common procedural difficulties.
• Begin to develop templates and guides for addressing common procedural issues