Develop and spread best practices for combating discriminatory administrative barriers to voting to minority communities throughout the south.
Laura is the right person for the project because:
• She has a demonstrated commitment to voting rights
• Her coalition building experience
• She has worked on both programmatic and litigation efforts to protect voting rights
In the first six months, Laura will:
• Identify and survey community partners about voting issues in their communities and suggestions for addressing those issues
• Research the facts of those issues and their potential legal implications
• Catalogue common problems
• Triage the issues and analyze which communities to target in early 2018.