Rebekah will increase access to legal services for low-income immigrants in underserved and rural communities in New Mexico through strategic collaboration with community partners.
Rebekah is the right person for the Project because:
- She was born and raised in a small town in Northern New Mexico
- She has extensive experience working with immigrant rights and community and social justice organizations
- She is passionate about access to legal services
In the first six months, Rebekah will:
- Provide direct representation to clients in immigration cases, particularly SIJS, deportation defense, asylum, and release from detention
- Support and further develop pro bono networks in the state to serve immigrant families in rural and underserved areas.
- Continue to build and strengthen relationships with community partners to strengthen the effectiveness of NMILC’s work.
- Provide educational outreach presentations and materials, particularly to people in detention
- Engage in strategic state-wide advocacy campaigns to address issues impacting immigrant communities