I Want to Apply for an Equal Justice Works Fellowship
MORE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM
The 2016 Fellowship Application will open on July 6, 2015 at 8:00 AM EST, and the deadline for submission of all application materials is September 18, 2015 at 5:00 p.m. EDT.
|July 6, 2015||The 2016 application will be available.|
|Sept. 18, 2015||The application and supporting paperwork are due to Equal Justice Works by 5 p.m. EDT|
|Nov. 2015||Interviews begin for selected candidates|
|Dec. 2015 - April 2016||Interviews continue; Fellowships are offered on a rolling basis|
|Sept. 2016||Class of 2016 Fellows begins service|
Becoming an Equal Justice Works Fellow is highly competitive. The application and selection process for an Equal Justice Works Fellowship involves the following:
- You must be a third year law student, a recent law school graduate, or an experienced attorney who demonstrates a commitment to public interest law. Your law school must be an Equal Justice Works member law school.
- You must identify a qualifying nonprofit host organization that will provide you with a full-time position upon receiving a Fellowship.
- The host organization must be willing to be your employer during the term of the two-year Fellowship, meet salary requirements, and provide you with supervision, a work space, employee health and fringe benefits, and the materials (computer, internet access, phone, etc.) that you will need to successfully complete your project.
- Together with your host organization, you must design a new project, which focuses on legal advocacy on behalf of disenfranchised individuals, groups or issues not adequately represented in our legal system.
- Equal Justice Works reviews the applications and selects projects that can be matched with potential sponsors. Sponsors determine whom they would like to interview and ultimately choose the Fellow. Decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Download our application guide for more details about the process.