The Great Migration: From Law Firms to Public Service
New Resource | 11/29/2010
- Considerations for the Placement of Law Firm Attorneys into Public Interest Organizations. In coordination with Equal Justice Works and several public interest organizations, the Association of Pro Bono Counsel (APBCO) has produced a guide with resources, issues and concerns that law firms should consider when placing a lawyer at a public interest organization. The information will be helpful for firms and public interest organizations.
- Structuring an Effective Associate Public Interest Placement Program: Tips from the Public Interest Community. PSLawNet and the Association for Legal Career Professionals (both part of the National Association for Law Placement (NALP)) provide this summary of considerations for law firms and nonprofits interested in public interest placements.
- PSLawNet is serving as an electronic switchboard to facilitate connections between interested law firms and public interest organizations. If your organization is interested in being considered by law firms and lawyers who are looking for a placement, it should register at PSLawNet.
- Public Interest Law Jobs by Incisive Media features a variety of tools and content for both public interest law organizations and jobseekers interested in public interest law careers.
- Law Firm Attorneys Displaced by the Economic Downturn: Best Practices and Guidance for Effective Pro Bono Engagement . This guide was prepared by the Pro Bono Institute to assist law firms pursuing public interest partnerships and to connect those partnerships with pro bono work by the firm generally. Issues and best practices would be of interest to public interest organizations as well.
- In the news: Links to selected stores in the legal trade and general news media on the placement opportunities.