College Cost Reduction and Access Act – Income-Based Repayment
Income-Based Repayment is a new repayment plan established by the College Cost Reduction & Access Act that can substantially reduce monthly student loan payments. Typically, borrowers who earn less than they owe in federal student loans will be eligible to choose Income-Based Repayment. The good news is that for most borrowers payments will be less than 10 percent of income.
- Income-Based Repayment Worksheet
- Equal Justice Works CCRAA Overview
- Basic Income-Based Repayment Calculator
- Expanded Income-Based Repayment Calculator
- Income-Contingent Repayment Calculator
- VIDEO: Heather Jarvis explores the federal student loan forgiveness law and how the College Cost Reduction and Access Act of 2007 affects law students. Recorded at Brooklyn Law School on February 19, 2008.
- Student Debt Podcast Series: stream, download or subscribe for tips and tools on coping with student debt.
- Student Debt Forum: a place to post questions, receive answers, and join discussions with others concerned about student debt.
- Financing the Future: Responses to the Rising Debt of Law Students a study detailing the characteristics of loan repayment assistance programs.
- The Equal Justice Works Guide to Law Schools a free interactive online resource of public service opportunities, curricula and financial programs at more than 150 law schools in the United States.