The Public Law Center has launched a Veteran’s Justice Project in an effort to serve our nation’s heroes in the legal arena. Legal services include but are not limited to expungement, discharge upgrade, veteran’s benefits, general civil services, and more and are focused on strengthening our nation’s veterans so that they are able to thrive without the burden of overwhelming legal affairs.
During her Fellowship, Antoinette:
- Provided direct legal services to homeless and at risk veterans.
- Coordinate and distribute hundreds of cases to pro bono attorneys.
- Present on veterans legal issues and operations at local and national conferences
- Data collection and record keeping for federal grant maintenance.
Antoinette is the Executive Director and Co-Founder of Veterans Legal Institute. In her current role, Antionette:
- Leads the overall strategic direction and management of the organization,
- Creates and manages partnerships, including mobile legal clinics at multiple government, nonprofit, and private locations
- Assists and facilitates various development projects, including special events, personal and corporate giving, annual gala, grant writing and internet donation support
- Works with the Board of Directors to develop strategies to meet projected fundraising goals, conduct periodic review of all funds and approve all reports to grantors, IRS, FTB, and other government filings.
Legal Veterans Institute: Helping Those Who Sacrificed For Us – Meet Antoinette Balta
Most Influential 2016: Antoinette Balta and Dwight Stirling founded Veterans Legal Institute
ABC7 Salutes local lawyers who offer free legal help for veterans
Serving those who served: Fowler Law alumna provides legal aid to veterans
Women of Coast
Do Military Veterans Get Property Tax Breaks in the U.S.?
Nonprofit Law Firm Goes to Battle for Hundreds of OC Veterans
Inaugural Women of Coast event honors influencers
Veterans Legal Institute Sends Emergency Covid Masks To NYC Hospitals Hurt By Pandemic
A Legacy of Serving Our Nation’s Heroes
Equal Justice Works helped launch my career. I’ve been able to springboard from my Fellowship at the Public Law Center to my current role as Executive Director at the Veterans Legal Institute, which is the only veteran-specific pro bono public interest law firm in the nation.
Antoinette N. Balta /
2012 Equal Justice Works Fellow