The purpose of the Alumni Advisory Council (AAC) is to provide advice and counsel in support of Equal Justice Works’ alumni initiatives.
The Alumni Advisory Council will work in partnership with the director of alumni relations to:
- Build lifelong relationships between Equal Justice Works, its Fellowship alumni, and current Fellows through programming, communication, and volunteerism
- Advance and promote Equal Justice Works’ mission and programs
- Represent the interests and concerns of alumni, while also representing interests of Equal Justice Works to its alumni
The AAC seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- Represent the mission, vision, and values of Equal Justice Works in our communities;
- Build, strengthen, and engage the Equal Justice Works alumni network;
- Advance Equal Justice Works’ mission and programs;
- Assist with recognizing the achievements of alumni; and,
- Enhance alumni-Fellow relations.
AAC membership is contingent upon an application and approval by the AAC Selection Committee comprised of Equal Justice Works staff in consultation with Council officers. Council officer selection is contingent upon an application, interview, and approval by the AAC Selection Committee composed of Equal Justice Works staff in consultation with exiting Council officers.
The Alumni Advisory Council has a maximum of 15 members, not including the director of alumni relations. Members of the Alumni Advisory Council will be appointed to staggered three-year terms.
All appointed AAC members are required to attend (in-person or virtually) the kick-off meeting in late August/early September each year.
Applications for membership will open annually in May and close in July. Applicants will be notified of the selection decisions by mid-August. Terms begin on September 1.